The Winona Sportsmen’s Club offers two different ways to have fun with your favorite .22 that we shoot Thursday evenings. We offer two options that we shoot every other week. Leagues normally begin in the first part of May.
Rim-Fire Sporter League: Is modeled after a CMP program of the same name. It gives shooters a recreation oriented competition that can be shot with the same favorite rimfire that they use for small game and plinking. No fancy equipment required, or allowed! The Course of Fire (COF) will require 60 rounds per night. All shooting is done at 25 & 50 yards from the Standing, sitting, and prone positions.
This COF puts a premium on accuracy, and it will make you a better, more accurate shooter.
Rim-Fire Steel Challenge: Is a program designed to be fun and safe for shooters of all ages and skill levels. The Course of Fire will consist of steel plates set at various distances from 8 to 35 yards, and will be shot using .22 rimfire rifles and/or handguns only. Speed is the name of the game here and targets are large enough to make it fun for all.
Estimated round count per evening will be 50-80 rounds if you shoot both rifle and handgun courses.
We do have quality .22 ammo available for participants (17 & under) at ½ the current market price, so don’t let lack of ammo stop you from bringing the kids.
RANGE USE GUIDELINES
The Pistol and Rifle ranges are open to members from 08:00 am until sunset.
The 100 yard Rifle range is closed when the Skeet range is in use.
The 25 & 50 yard Pistol and Rifle ranges can be used anytime except during organized shooting, special events.
(Check the Pistol page calendar and watch for posted notices.)
100 yard RIFLE RANGE
NO Birdshot or Buckshot!
Rifles, Muzzloaders, and Shotguns with slugs only.
25 & 50 yard PISTOL/RIFLE RANGES (Bays 1-4)
NO Birdshot or Buckshot!
PISTOL/RIFLE RANGE RULES
01. Eye and Hearing protection required!
02. No trespassing without a current Membership Card or Day Pass in possession, or as the guest of a member.
03. The use of Shotguns using Birdshot/Buckshot is prohibited on ALL Rifle & Pistol ranges. Shotguns with birdshot must use the metal patterning board between the trap houses.
04. Paper targets stapled on provided backers ONLY! (Do not staple to lumber.)
05. Steel plates allowed if designed for caliber being used. (Minimum distances: 10yds for pistol & 100yds for rifle.)
06. All shooters must use a common firing line.
07. Cold Line: Magazines removed or empty, and actions open
08. No handling firearms when others are downrange.
09. No exploding targets, ground bouncing targets, glass containers, metal cans, etc.
10. Pull & dispose all your targets before leaving. Clean-Up! Use the provided trash barrels.
11. No Full Auto fire is allowed at this club. See Board Member for details.
12. Use of alcohol before or during shooting prohibited!
Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate loss of range privileges, legal charges, and/or forfeiture of membership!
WSC Board of Directors